TimerTasks and java:comp/env/jdbc...
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Judith_Spengeman
Posted On:   Wednesday, September 29, 2004 10:51 AM

I have written a ServletContextListener which schedules a TimerTask. The task then accesses a database to populate a collection of system messages and repopulates the messages every 30 minutes. I would like to use the application servers environment to perform the JNDI lookup to get the DataSource object for the database. I get a no namespace error when using "DataSource dSource = (DataSource)((new InitialContext()).lookup("java:comp/env/jdbc/dataSource"));" Where "jdbc/dataSource" is defined in my web.xml. Everthing works fine when I use "DataSource dSource = (DataSource)((new InitialContext()).lookup("jdbc/dataSource"));"    More>>

I have written a ServletContextListener which schedules a TimerTask. The task then accesses a database to populate a collection of system messages and repopulates the messages every 30 minutes.

I would like to use the application servers environment to perform the JNDI lookup to get the DataSource object for the database.

I get a no namespace error when using "DataSource dSource = (DataSource)((new InitialContext()).lookup("java:comp/env/jdbc/dataSource"));" Where "jdbc/dataSource" is defined in my web.xml.

Everthing works fine when I use "DataSource dSource = (DataSource)((new InitialContext()).lookup("jdbc/dataSource"));"

Any suggestions on how to use the resource-ref tags in my web.xml to keep my code portable, even though the TimerTask appears to be executing in a thread outside of my web application?

Thanks!    <<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact