Using an Applet inside Struts - any nice idea?
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Rasa_Direktor
Posted On:   Tuesday, September 28, 2004 04:52 AM

I am making a Struts based wizard-app. Of course, I chose a pattern with one big ActionForm and several Actions (one for each step of my wizard). Session is a must. My JSP user interface design requires an applet in the second step. 1) Is there any good idea (in brief) on how I could incorporate an applet in the second step, i.e. maintain session between second and the next (third) step.? 2) Is it a good idea to incorporate applet in a Struts based wizard? 3) My applet should contain tabbed panes with tables on each one. Tables should contain several hundred of rows. Is there any good idea on how I could replace this kind of layout with pure HTML design,    More>>

I am making a Struts based wizard-app.

Of course, I chose a pattern with one big ActionForm and several Actions (one for each step of my wizard).
Session is a must.
My JSP user interface design requires an applet in the second step.

1) Is there any good idea (in brief) on how I could incorporate an applet in the second step, i.e. maintain session between second and the next (third) step.?

2) Is it a good idea to incorporate applet in a Struts based wizard?

3) My applet should contain tabbed panes with tables on each one. Tables should contain several hundred of rows. Is there any good idea on how I could replace this kind of layout with pure HTML design, i.e. use HTML TABLE tag instead of applet (with a lot of data).

<<Less

Re: Using an Applet inside Struts - any nice idea?

Posted By:   Rasa_Direktor  
Posted On:   Tuesday, September 28, 2004 12:31 PM

Thanks a lot!!! This is great!

I'm happy like I were a kid!

Thank you John McVay once again.

Re: Using an Applet inside Struts - any nice idea?

Posted By:   John_McVey  
Posted On:   Tuesday, September 28, 2004 07:05 AM

if you're looking for a way to display paginated tabular data, you should check out DisplayTag. see www.displaytag.org for more info.

About | Sitemap | Contact