dcsimg
"Tarce into" in Eclipse
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Samar_Hossam
Posted On:   Wednesday, September 22, 2004 06:43 AM

Dear sir or madam, I face a very weird problem. I have some code in a jar file, and I need to trace into it. I managed to decompile the jar file, remove the needed classes from the jar file and re-jar it. I included the new jar file in my project and the classes I needed as sources are included in the src folder. When I start debugging, everything goes fine until I trace into a method located in one of the classes I have decompiled and excluded from the jar file. The following happens: The cursor stands in a wrong position, i.e. not on the method I have just traced into. I found out (using watches and some heuristics) that the debugging process goes correctly, but the only problem is that the cursor stands on the wrong line.    More>>

Dear sir or madam,
I face a very weird problem. I have some code in a jar file, and I need to trace into it.
I managed to decompile the jar file, remove the needed classes from the jar file and re-jar it. I included the new jar file in my project and the classes I needed as sources are included in the src folder.
When I start debugging, everything goes fine until I trace into a method located in one of the classes I have decompiled and excluded from the jar file.
The following happens: The cursor stands in a wrong position, i.e. not on the method I have just traced into. I found out (using watches and some heuristics) that the debugging process goes correctly, but the only problem is that the cursor stands on the wrong line.
As a temporary solution, I added some lines (comments) in order to shift eveything down and it worked. But after a while my method called another one located above it. And again the cursor stood wrong. Now I cannot change anything because my changes are relative to the first method.

Besides, this solution is rather stupied.

If anyone knows a solution to my problem, I would appreciate his/her help. Please contact me on: Samar.Hossam@web.de

Regards, Samar

<<Less

Re: "Tarce into" in Eclipse

Posted By:   ofer_zinger  
Posted On:   Wednesday, September 29, 2004 04:25 AM

This also might happen as result of 2 cases:
1. The source does not apply to the right jar. Repackaging correctly, should have solved the prbolem
2. Some source code is generated. You are debugging the pregenerated code, but the actual code is different.

Re: "Tarce into" in Eclipse

Posted By:   Jerry_Lampi  
Posted On:   Thursday, September 23, 2004 09:21 AM

If using the Sysdeo Tomcat plugin, ensure that you have your project selected as the Source path: Window->Preferences->Tomcat->Source Path
About | Sitemap | Contact