logging into a Yahoo group
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   shane_r
Posted On:   Friday, September 17, 2004 07:59 PM

hi: here is what I want to do: -->i want my Java client code to log into a Yahoo internet group that I have set up. I dont want this logging to happen via a browser. This group contains some XML files. -->I then want to to be able to download those XML files to the client computer. I have tried using HttpClient (a Jakarta project) but it seems that logging into Yahoo is problematic (understandably so) with all the re-directs that take place so as to prevent programmatic log in. I am new to Java and that surely does not help as well. Are there some Java classes that perhaps might help me? Also, how can I simulate this logging in process without be   More>>

hi:

here is what I want to do:

-->i want my Java client code to log into a Yahoo internet group that I have set up. I dont want this logging to happen via a browser. This group contains some XML files.

-->I then want to to be able to download those XML files to the client computer.

I have tried using HttpClient (a Jakarta project) but it seems that logging into Yahoo is problematic (understandably so) with all the re-directs that take place so as to prevent programmatic log in.

I am new to Java and that surely does not help as well. Are there some Java classes that perhaps might help me? Also, how can I simulate this logging in process without being rejected by Yahoo?

Much thanks.

<<Less

Re: logging into a Yahoo group

Posted By:   Sandeep_Shilawat  
Posted On:   Monday, September 27, 2004 02:34 PM

Try doing what YahooPOPs guys did...

http://yahoopops.sourceforge.net/

HTH

About | Sitemap | Contact