dcsimg
wscompile converts java.util.date to java.util.calendar
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Ben_Alexander
Posted On:   Tuesday, September 7, 2004 10:24 AM

I'm writing a web service, and a client that uses the service. Both rely on a class called SMessage. Within SMessage there exists the following routines: public java.util.Date getCreationDate() { return CreationDate; } public void setCreationDate(java.util.Date newCreationDate) { this.CreationDate = newCreationDate; } So good so far, but when I create the web service, it generates some classes for the client to use, and among them are the routines for manipulating CreationDate, which now look like this: public java.util.Calendar getCreationDate() { return creationDate; } public void setCreationDate(java.util.Calendar creationDate) { thi   More>>

I'm writing a web service, and a client that uses the service. Both rely on a class called SMessage. Within SMessage there exists the following routines:

public java.util.Date getCreationDate() {
return CreationDate;
}
public void setCreationDate(java.util.Date newCreationDate) {
this.CreationDate = newCreationDate;
}

So good so far, but when I create the web service, it generates some classes for the client to use, and among them are the routines for manipulating CreationDate, which now look like this:

public java.util.Calendar getCreationDate() {
return creationDate;
}

public void setCreationDate(java.util.Calendar creationDate) {
this.creationDate = creationDate;
}

Say what huh?!? Why did it change data types for me? Does anybody have an explanation for this?

Thanks in advance, Ben    <<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact