MySQL database connection getting lost after a several hours of idle period.
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   kranthi_parasu
Posted On:   Friday, September 3, 2004 12:57 PM

Hi, My database connection is dying after few hours of inactive period, Iam getting this error. Communication link failure: java.net.SocketException I have to restart Tomcat to restore db connection again. I tried autoReconnect= true, increasing the maxWait property in datasource element in struts-config.xml and changing defaultAutoCommit to true but of none of them helped. The connection is getting lost and I have to restart Tomcat, I did not have this problem on a windows box with same Tomcat server configuration. Is there any difference between windows and linux that I need to know? Any ideas or help is appreciated. Iam using tomcat 4.1.27, MySQL 4.0.15 and Linux and m   More>>

Hi,

My database connection is dying after few hours of inactive period, Iam getting this error.

Communication link failure: java.net.SocketException

I have to restart Tomcat to restore db connection again.
I tried autoReconnect= true, increasing the maxWait property in datasource element in struts-config.xml and changing defaultAutoCommit to true but of none of them helped. The connection is getting lost and I have to restart Tomcat, I did not have this problem on a windows box with same Tomcat server configuration. Is there any difference between windows and linux that I need to know?

Any ideas or help is appreciated.

Iam using tomcat 4.1.27, MySQL 4.0.15 and Linux and mysql-3.0.6 connector.

value="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver" />

value="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/mydb?autoReconnect=true" />

value="ccc" />

value="ccc" />

value="20" />

value="500000" />

value="false" />

value="false" />

Regards,

Kranthi Parasu

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact