dcsimg
"classpath" attribute in "javac" task
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Samar_Hossam
Posted On:   Thursday, August 26, 2004 02:09 AM

Dear sir or madam, I am new to Ant and I'd like to ask for your help. I was reading in the Ant manual when I found this example: destdir="${build}" classpath="xyz.jar" debug="on"/> This task compiles all .java files under the ${src} directory, and stores the .class files in the ${build} directory. The classpath used includes xyz.jar, and compiling with debug information is on. My question is: Why would I include any .jar files in my classpath, when all the source files are in the ${src} directory? I'd appreciate your help. Reagrds, Samar Hossam    More>>

Dear sir or madam,
I am new to Ant and I'd like to ask for your help.

I was reading in the Ant manual when I found this example:

destdir="${build}"
classpath="xyz.jar"
debug="on"/>

This task compiles all .java files under the ${src} directory, and stores the .class files in the ${build} directory. The classpath used includes xyz.jar, and compiling with debug information is on.

My question is: Why would I include any .jar files in my classpath, when all the source files are in the ${src} directory?

I'd appreciate your help.

Reagrds, Samar Hossam

<<Less

Re: "classpath" attribute in "javac" task

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Tuesday, September 7, 2004 04:49 AM

You have to include JARs if your code relies on external libraries, e.g. Log4J for logging, JUnit for tests, SWT for GUIs, ...
About | Sitemap | Contact