dcsimg
Message Queuing
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Thursday, August 19, 2004 09:48 AM

Hi, I am into a networking project in java. It is something like this a server socket listens on a particular port say 2200, and a client connects to this port and sends messages to the server and the server in turn needs to store it in a queue so that other applications (any application like java, c etc) should be able to access the queue and retrieve the messages and if needed send the response also to the queue. We are thinking of using JMS for this, does anybody have any other idea how to go about doing this. In case JMS is apt for this then can anyone suggest me some standalone product for JMS. Thanks in advance Regards Usha    More>>

Hi,

I am into a networking project in java. It is something like this a server socket listens on a particular port say 2200, and a client connects to this port and sends messages to the server and the server in turn needs to store it in a queue so that other applications (any application like java, c etc) should be able to access the queue and retrieve the messages and if needed send the response also to the queue. We are thinking of using JMS for this, does anybody have any other idea how to go about doing this. In case JMS is apt for this then can anyone suggest me some standalone product for JMS.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Usha

<<Less

Re: Message Queuing

Posted By:   jaivir_singh  
Posted On:   Monday, August 23, 2004 02:27 AM

Well with the ammount of info, provided by you, its not possible to make out that what is the problem at hand, for which you are devising this solloution. Below mentioned is my understanding of your requirements and have put in my comments against them.

1. You wish to have a client server communication using sockets. To this I guess your approach is perfectly fine although you will have to take care of some intricasies in there.

2. You wish to publish messages to a Queue. Again there isnt any technical problem to this since its java to jms.

3. You wish to have applications written in different languages use this queue. To this as long as java is the language JMS can suffice your needs BUT when you want C and other language to acces this queue you would require a messaging interface for that language.

For eg in case of C you would need "C Messaging Interface" which is nothing but a C-based client messaging API.

So you need to find out if there are any such API's available seperately for the languages you intend to integrate you solution with and IF yes then JMS can suffice your needs, ELSE you will have to go for one of the various products available in the market which have all this inbuilt. Just to name a few prominnt ones IBM-MQ , TIBCO, Sun Java System Message Queue Enterprise Edition etc.

Hope this helps. :)

About | Sitemap | Contact