Problem with Tomcat authorisation
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Jan_Hegewald
Posted On:   Thursday, August 19, 2004 02:02 AM

Hello there, I'm having a problem with the Tomcat authorisation mechanism. I intend to restrict access to certain sites via Tomcat, e.g.: Protected Area Protected Area /generator/Sites/coremedia/Content/* test This would work quite fine. The problem is the following: the application often uses parameters encoded in the url, for example: /generator/nsc_true/nn_3241/Sites/coremedia/Content/ which means that there are two parameters nsc_true and nn_3241 in the path which prevent this url from matching the above url-pattern. The easiest solution would be to have Tomcat understanding /generator/*/Sites/coremedia/Con   More>>

Hello there,

I'm having a problem with the Tomcat authorisation mechanism.
I intend to restrict access to certain sites via Tomcat, e.g.:

Protected Area

Protected Area
/generator/Sites/coremedia/Content/*

test

This would work quite fine. The problem is the following: the application often uses parameters encoded in the url, for example:

/generator/nsc_true/nn_3241/Sites/coremedia/Content/

which means that there are two parameters nsc_true and nn_3241 in the path which prevent this url from matching the above url-pattern.

The easiest solution would be to have Tomcat understanding
/generator/*/Sites/coremedia/Content/*

since those parameters always appear between /generator and /Sites, but apparently Tomcat does not interprete the first * as a wildcard.

Do you hava any suggestions to solve that problem?

Thanks in advance,
Jan.    <<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact