Formatting numbers with bean:write tag
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Kofler_Ingo
Posted On:   Monday, August 16, 2004 12:05 AM

Hi! My problem is the following. I am using the struts framework for developing a web application, which only should support English. I use the bean:write tags for writing out numerical values, specifying the format witht the format attribute (###,###.##). Because I do not want to define these format at each write tag, I use the feature to reference an entry in my Ressourcefile. At the write tag I use formatKey="format.price" and in the corresponding ressource file I added the entry format.price=###,###.##. But from that moment on the application started to react strangly. If I use a browser with the locale de-at (because I am in Austria) I get a JSPException: wrong format string. But when I use a browser which default loca   More>>

Hi!

My problem is the following. I am using the struts framework for developing a web application, which only should support English. I use the bean:write tags for writing out numerical values, specifying the format witht the format attribute (###,###.##).

Because I do not want to define these format at each write tag, I use the feature to reference an entry in my Ressourcefile. At the write tag I use formatKey="format.price" and in the corresponding ressource file I added the entry format.price=###,###.##.

But from that moment on the application started to react strangly. If I use a browser with the locale de-at (because I am in Austria) I get a JSPException: wrong format string. But when I use a browser which default locale is set to en-us, everything works fine. So what's the difference of defining the format directly in the tag or using a reference to a format key???

Is there any other possibility to define seperating characters for numbers??

thanks, ingo

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact