Problem with mouse location in full screen exclusive mode
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   rajiv_r
Posted On:   Friday, August 13, 2004 11:16 AM

Hi, I am using the exclusive full screen mode api for my java swing program. I am trying to use the Jbutton's getLocationOnScreen() function. The problem is that this is returning me some negative and worng values. However, when I remove the full screen api mode, the same function gives me the right co-ordinates. I am basically just looking at getting the absolute position of the mouse on the screen (Which is a JFrame with nested components). Any help would be appreciated. Code to Make full screen that I am using :- GraphicsDevice defaultGraphicsDeviceObj = java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment.getLocalGraphicsEnvironment().ge   More>>

Hi,

I am using the exclusive full screen mode api for my java swing program.

I am trying to use the Jbutton's getLocationOnScreen() function. The problem is that this is returning me some negative and worng values.

However, when I remove the full screen api mode, the same function gives me the right co-ordinates.

I am basically just looking at getting the absolute position of the mouse on the screen (Which is a JFrame with nested components). Any help would be appreciated.

Code to Make full screen that I am using :-

GraphicsDevice defaultGraphicsDeviceObj = java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment.getLocalGraphicsEnvironment().getDefaultScreenDevice();

defaultGraphicsDeviceObj.setFullScreenWindow(this);

Code to get the mouse location :-

public void mousePressed(MouseEvent arg0)

{

Point pointObj = arg0.getPoint();

Point temp = ( (JButton) arg0.getSource) ).getLocationOnScreen();

pointObj.x = (int) (pointObj.x + ( (JButton) arg0.getSource() ).getLocationOnScreen().getX()) );

pointObj.y = (int) (pointObj.y + ( (JButton)
arg0.getSource() ).getLocationOnScreen().getY()) );

currentMouseLocation = pointObj;

}

Thanks,

Rajiv

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact