CRUD methods
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   saritha_v
Posted On:   Wednesday, August 11, 2004 03:17 PM

Hi, I have a UI with listing that contains add/delete and update functionality. In detail, user will be able to add entity to the listing, delete a set of entities from the listing and shall be able to update the entity by clicking on the hyperlink provided for each row in the listing. I wanted to use one action class that has create update/create/delete and retrieve methods. I thought of using DispatchAction. For this I have to set add/update/delete/view string to the hidden field which I will be using configuring in the struts-config.xml file in the action tag. My problem is how I will be assigning add/update/delete value to hidden field?. I thought of assigning that value at runtime using j   More>>

Hi,
I have a UI with listing that contains add/delete and update functionality.
In detail, user will be able to add entity to the listing, delete a set of entities from the listing and shall be able to update the entity by clicking on the hyperlink provided for each row in the listing.

I wanted to use one action class that has create update/create/delete and retrieve methods. I thought of using DispatchAction.

For this I have to set add/update/delete/view string to the hidden field which I will be using configuring in the struts-config.xml file in the action tag.

My problem is how I will be assigning add/update/delete value to hidden field?.

I thought of assigning that value at runtime using javascript onclick. But with tag i will not be able to give form name. If at I use name attribute, it is giving error saying "type" should be specified when "name" attribute is used.

I have also a requirement where i have to move options from one select box to other using javascript. I guess even in this case I have to know the form name in order to move the options.

Please help. I need this ASAP.

Thank you in advance
Saritha

<<Less

Re: CRUD methods

Posted By:   rahul_deshmukh  
Posted On:   Thursday, August 12, 2004 07:21 AM

Struts provides you a specific action for such kind of operation in a single action class. I recommend you to go through DispatchAction feature of struts or you can also look at LookUpDispatchAction for this.
About | Sitemap | Contact