Universal Naming Convention and Java
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Abhra_Haldar
Posted On:   Monday, August 9, 2004 01:37 AM

Hi: I'm writing an application that scans shared folders on networked computers. I've heard that Universal Naming Convention is an easy and standard way to access LAN computers, but for some reason, when I declare a File object referencing a LAN computer (i.e. File comp = new File("\\samplecomp"); ) I cannot get the program to recognize that this location exists. However, when I specify a particular folder on the LAN computer in the File constructor, I am able to read it perfectly well just like any other File object. Can anyone tell me how to use UNC to access networked comps in Java? Basically I need to get a handle on the comps on our LAN so I can search them for files. Thanks alot! -    More>>

Hi:

I'm writing an application that scans shared folders on networked computers. I've heard that Universal Naming Convention is an easy and standard way to access LAN computers, but for some reason,
when I declare a File object referencing a LAN computer (i.e. File comp = new File("\\samplecomp"); )
I cannot get the program to recognize that this location exists. However, when I specify a particular folder on the LAN computer in the File constructor, I am able to read it perfectly well just like any other File object.

Can anyone tell me how to use UNC to access networked comps in Java? Basically I need to get a handle on the comps on our LAN so I can search them for files.

Thanks alot!

- ADH

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact