Occasional error while deleting mails from POP3 server
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   ravi_condamoor
Posted On:   Saturday, July 31, 2004 11:13 AM

Once in a while the method folder.close(true) throws a MessagingException and this causes major problems for my logic. I need this method to always succeed as I rely on this to delete those messages from my INBOX that I have marked for DELETE. Also, the only way to recover from this error seesm to be to delete these msgs by hand from the INBOX.. Would the type or size of the message have anything to do with the problem? The msgs themselves are Mulptipart with one or more attachments.. Any ides why this would fail occasionally? Is there a guranteed way to detect READ msgs thru' POP3.. I am using the POP3 driver from Sun. Are there better POP3 drivers? thanks -ravi    More>>

Once in a while the method
folder.close(true) throws a MessagingException and this causes major problems for my logic.

I need this method to always succeed as I rely on this to delete those messages from my INBOX that I have marked for DELETE. Also, the only way to recover from this error seesm to be to delete these msgs by hand from the INBOX..
Would the type or size of the message have anything to do with the problem? The msgs themselves are Mulptipart with one or more attachments..

Any ides why this would fail occasionally? Is there a guranteed way to detect READ msgs thru' POP3..
I am using the POP3 driver from Sun. Are there better POP3 drivers?

thanks
-ravi

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact