dcsimg
Using html:button to submit a form like html:submit.
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   elliott_richards
Posted On:   Friday, July 30, 2004 02:06 PM

I would like to be able to use to submit a form like does. The need for this is because of the following: So that the 'enter' key does not cause the first button of the form to submit. Using IE (only needs to work in IE), when the page is loaded the enter key will submit the first instance on the form, but I want 'enter' to cause the third button on the form to submit. So I figure if I can make the first two buttons as and the third as then I will be able to accomplish this, but I still need the buttons to submit the form and to be able to recognize which button was pressed in my Action class for processing. I am looking for an eloquent solution, beca   More>>

I would like to be able to use to submit a form like does.

The need for this is because of the following:

So that the 'enter' key does not cause the first button of the form to submit.

Using IE (only needs to work in IE), when the page is loaded the enter key will submit the first instance on the form, but I want 'enter' to cause the third button on the form to submit. So I figure if I can make the first two buttons as and the third as then I will be able to accomplish this, but I still need the buttons to submit the form and to be able to recognize which button was pressed in my Action class for processing.

I am looking for an eloquent solution, because it must be able to be a custom tag or such that I can simply reuse on other pages in a large application.

Thanks for any advice and opinions.

<<Less

Re: Using html:button to submit a form like html:submit.

Posted By:   suman_Seshadri  
Posted On:   Friday, July 30, 2004 03:59 PM

Hi Elliott,

I have been looking for some code which has 3-4 submit buttons in the same form.If its not too much of a trouble for you, could you please give me an idea as to how to go about it (even code samples would help). I tried it several times.But it didnt quite work well. I did read about "smart forwarding" and all that,..but when I tried it, it gave me an error and I left it at that.So...

Have you proceeded like how its given here ?

http://www.jguru.com/faq/view.jsp?EID=995474

Thanx in advance.
- Suman
About | Sitemap | Contact