Java Architect Certification qn in light of the growing dissent towards entity EJBs
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   neal_ravindran
Posted On:   Monday, July 26, 2004 06:15 AM

I can see clearly that there are currently two schools of thought, when it comes to persisting data...the entity EJB enthusiasts vs the JDO/Hibernate camp. Also I recently read in a book that challenges EJB, that "EJB could be relegated to legacy status soon". Whoa bucko! Those are pretty strong words. and I have the feeling the JDO/Hibernate camp is winning from other articles I read here and there. In light of this growing dissent towards EJBs and EJB containers and the move towards Spring kinda Ioc frameworks, I am just thinking if it is even worth to get the Java Architect Certification at this point in time (unless the syllabus is revised in light of this growing dissent towards EJB). I heard EJB is a significant porti   More>>

I can see clearly that there are currently two schools of thought, when it comes to persisting data...the entity EJB enthusiasts vs the JDO/Hibernate camp.

Also I recently read in a book that challenges EJB, that "EJB could be relegated to legacy status soon". Whoa bucko! Those are pretty strong words.
and I have the feeling the JDO/Hibernate camp is winning from other articles I read here and there.

In light of this growing dissent towards EJBs and EJB containers and the move towards Spring kinda Ioc frameworks, I am just thinking if it is even worth to get the Java Architect Certification at this point in time (unless the syllabus is revised in light of this growing dissent towards EJB). I heard EJB is a significant portion of that exam and hence my question, I think, is a valid one.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact