Transaction control in huge volume
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   dinesh_pathak
Posted On:   Sunday, July 25, 2004 04:46 AM

I have a requirement to store thousands of records in database from a client using session bean only. I want to call a session bean method passing it e.g 1000 records every time. This means to store 20,000 records, I will call the session bean method 20 times. Passing all 20,000 records in one time would lead to memory and networking related issues. However what i want is if at any time, there is a database connection failure or webserver - EJB server connection failure, no record passed in earlier calls to the session bean should be saved in database. Also I want the 1000 CMPs created in each call to the session bean to be cleared from JVM before next call to safeguard outofmemory error    More>>

I have a requirement to store thousands of records in database from a client using session bean only.

I want to call a session bean method passing it e.g 1000 records every time. This means to store 20,000 records, I will call the session bean method 20 times. Passing all 20,000 records in one time would lead to memory and networking related issues.

However what i want is if at any time, there is a database connection failure or webserver - EJB server connection failure, no record passed in earlier calls to the session bean should be saved in database.

Also I want the 1000 CMPs created in each call to the session bean to be cleared from JVM before next call to safeguard outofmemory error

Pl let me know if you have faced this problem and suggest a solution

Thanks in advance

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact