Serial Data --- Tini Web Page
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Dave_Miga
Posted On:   Saturday, July 24, 2004 04:34 AM

Hello all. My goal is to send data from a BASIC Stamp microcontroller into the TINI serial port then simply display it on a Web page in real time. I am simulating a parking garage and the microcontroller is keeping track of occupied and unoccupied spaces and I would like to send this data to aWeb page. If I get fancy and time allows, I would like to write a Java applet to graphically display the data in a grid simulating a parking garage. My Java programming experience is limited but I am eager to try. Can anyone point me in the right direction to begin? I have looked at the The TINI™ Specification and Developer’s Guide by Don Loomis and the javax.comm documnetation but I find that it may be more than I really need    More>>

Hello all.

My goal is to send data from a BASIC Stamp microcontroller into the TINI serial port then simply display it on a Web page in real time. I am simulating a parking garage and the microcontroller is keeping track of occupied and unoccupied spaces and I would like to send this data to aWeb page. If I get fancy and time allows, I would like to write a Java applet to graphically display the data in a grid simulating a parking garage.

My Java programming experience is limited but I am eager to try. Can anyone point me in the right direction to begin? I have looked at the The TINI™
Specification and Developer’s Guide by Don Loomis and the javax.comm documnetation but I find that it may be more than I really need and it is confusing for a novice programmer.

I have actually downloaded and installed Tynamo and have a sample servlet running on the Tini. So I believe I am getting closer. I am unsure of the steps needed to get the serial data, process it, then output it to a new servlet.

If anyone can further point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact