dcsimg
jsp to bmp connection in enterprise app wsad 5
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Rad_B
Posted On:   Thursday, July 22, 2004 07:17 PM

Hi, Scenario I have developed a sample enterprise application comprising of ejbs, jsps with struts frame work on wsad 5.0. Ejbs comprise of bmps, stateless session beans. After deploying, I ran the modules on universal test client. There is a local call from stateless session beans to the bmps. When I run the modules in the following order on the universal test client, the communication works from jsp to bmp. JNDI lookup from stateless session bean to bmp is successful if I test the bmp first, before testing the stateless session bean. Problem: If I try to run the jsp first, the action controller servlet is able to invoke the stateless session bean. However, the stateless session bean is    More>>

Hi,

Scenario I have developed a sample enterprise application comprising of ejbs, jsps with struts frame work on wsad 5.0. Ejbs comprise of bmps, stateless session beans. After deploying, I ran the modules on universal test client.

There is a local call from stateless session beans to the bmps. When I run the modules in the following order on the universal test client, the communication works from jsp to bmp. JNDI lookup from stateless session bean to bmp is successful if I test the bmp first, before testing the stateless session bean.

Problem: If I try to run the jsp first, the action controller servlet is able to invoke the stateless session bean. However, the stateless session bean is unable to look up the bmp.

Could you please let me know if I am missing something.

Thanks,

Radhi.    <<Less

Re: jsp to bmp connection in enterprise app wsad 5

Posted By:   John_Smith  
Posted On:   Wednesday, September 1, 2004 01:58 PM

Were you able to solve this problem? I'm having exactly the same one. I believe there may be a bug in WebSphere Studio when one tries to do a JNDI lookup of a bmp ejb. The TestClient shows the Local interfaces, but JNDI doesn't seem to find the object in the java:comp/env environment. As you probably know, you must create a reference in your Session bean to the bmp, but that doesn't solve the problem.

I've been talking to someone in IBM, who thinks it may be a bug. I'll let you know what I learn; in the meantime, i'd like to hear what you hve learned.

jbs
About | Sitemap | Contact