Problem deploying a new app. Also cant see server console
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Rahi_m
Posted On:   Tuesday, July 13, 2004 09:12 AM

Hi, I am new to Tomcat. I am having problem in deploying my new app. As per docs., I created my new app under webapps direc. with just a simple servlet. I placed the servlet class file under web-inf/classes directory. Eventhough its not required, I created web.xml, added the servlet mapping and placed it under my app web-inf dir. I have my tomcat server listed as part of service. I restarted the server. When I try to access my servlet, I keep on getting the HTTP 404 request not found page. Even I tried creating .war file, placed it under myapp directory which is under webapps dir. When I restarted the server, the server didnt unpack my .war file. I dont understand what mistake I am doing. Any help will be greatly app   More>>

Hi,

I am new to Tomcat. I am having problem in deploying my new app. As per docs., I created my new app under webapps direc. with just a simple servlet. I placed the servlet class file under web-inf/classes directory. Eventhough its not required, I created web.xml, added the servlet mapping and placed it under my app web-inf dir. I have my tomcat server listed as part of service. I restarted the server. When I try to access my servlet, I keep on getting the HTTP 404 request not found page.

Even I tried creating .war file, placed it under myapp directory which is under webapps dir. When I restarted the server, the server didnt unpack my .war file.

I dont understand what mistake I am doing. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

One more thing, I dont see my server console even when start my server using startup batch file. How can see my server console.

Thanks.

<<Less

Re: Problem deploying a new app. Also cant see server console

Posted By:   Marc_Kapke  
Posted On:   Wednesday, July 14, 2004 06:45 AM

A good place to start would be being able to see the server console. The fact that you can't see the console makes me think that you may be specifying the wrong port number or you may not have the JAVA_HOME variable or the CATALINA_HOME variable set properly.

First, what port is your Tomcat server running on? By default I think it runs on 8080. If you haven't changed this make sure you are going to http://localhost:8080in your browser.

If that is right and you still can't see your server console, make sure you have your environment variables set, otherwise nothing will work. Click here for a quick setup in Windows If you have a different OS just search google for JAVA_HOME.

If you have done both of these things and still you can't even see the server console, you may have to provide some more specific information.

Once you can get to the console, if you are still having problems deploying servlets then that is a whole different issue, but start by getting your server configured.

About | Sitemap | Contact