dcsimg
I need a tool that can determine how many lines of a program were run during a unit test.
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Kurt_Last
Posted On:   Tuesday, July 13, 2004 07:16 AM

I was wondering if anybody knew of any Java tools or IDE Plugins that can test how many lines of code are actually run out of all the lines that exist in a program. I want to know how many lines out of the tens of thousands of lines I wrote actually get excercised by my unit and integration tests. So I want to know if 1500 out of 1700 lines actually executed versus 1000 out of 1700. Does anybody know of a tool that does this? It would be even more awesome if the tool pointed out which lines didn't get run so I could be sure to write tests that tested EVERY line of code. Basically, I want to have some sort of measure as to how much code is really getting executed by my tests so    More>>

I was wondering if anybody knew of any Java tools or IDE Plugins that can test how many lines of code are actually run out of all the lines that exist in a program.

I want to know how many lines out of the tens of thousands of lines I wrote actually get excercised by my unit and integration tests. So I want to know if 1500 out of 1700 lines actually executed versus 1000 out of 1700.

Does anybody know of a tool that does this?

It would be even more awesome if the tool pointed out which lines didn't get run so I could be sure to write tests that tested EVERY line of code.

Basically, I want to have some sort of measure as to how much code is really getting executed by my tests so I can do QA statistics on it.

Anybody know of some good QA tools for basic Java code?

Anything you can share would be greatly appreciated.

<<Less

Re: I need a tool that can determine how many lines of a program were run during a unit test.

Posted By:   Sean_Ruff  
Posted On:   Tuesday, July 13, 2004 11:06 AM

Clover is one such tool but it's not free (costs after 30 days). There are others but Clover is the only one I have experience with, try googling for "Code Coverage".

http://www.cenqua.com/clover/

About | Sitemap | Contact