Case sensitive MySQL installation & Autoincrement
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Baburaj_Nair
Posted On:   Saturday, July 10, 2004 12:04 AM

Hello, I have two problems with respect to MySQL. Thanks in advance you for your time and precious answers. Problem 1: I am using MySQL database. My website installaton of the same is case sensitive. But MySQL installed on my local machine (for development purpose) is case insensitive. Therefore the .jsp files which use mixed case column names run at my local machine throws error while run from webserver. I would like to make my MySql installation on local machine case sensitive to get rid of the problem. Can you help me, please? Problem 2: One of my MySQL columns is using auto increment. While testing, I add many raws and delete them after testing is over. But next time I add raws, the numbering is no   More>>

Hello,

I have two problems with respect to MySQL. Thanks in advance you for your time and precious answers.

Problem 1: I am using MySQL database. My website installaton of the same is case sensitive. But MySQL installed on my local machine (for development purpose) is case insensitive. Therefore the .jsp files which use mixed case column names run at my local machine throws error while run from webserver. I would like to make my MySql installation on local machine case sensitive to get rid of the problem. Can you help me, please?

Problem 2: One of my MySQL columns is using auto increment. While testing, I add many raws and delete them after testing is over. But next time I add raws, the numbering is not continuous. How can I retain the continuity of numbers? To make it clear, suppose there are 100 raws in the table. I add 10 raws. The last autoincremented number is 110. I delete the last 10 entries. Next time when I add a new raw, I get 111 instead of 101. Please help.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact