Multi Threading Question
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   knopfler_mark
Posted On:   Thursday, July 8, 2004 10:24 AM

Hello All,
I have a small problem. I want to create an application that is multi threaded. What I want is that once a user click on the application icon it should start and shoot off a new thread.
I am compiling that application into an EXE file. Once u click that it should start a new thread for that user.
Mind you this application will be residing on a server's shared directory and everyone will be accessing it.

Re: Multi Threading Question

Posted By:   Cristiano_Sadun  
Posted On:   Friday, July 9, 2004 06:18 AM

Unless you're on a terminal - i.e. the monitor/keyboard it's just a remote station for accessing the same processor(s)/operating systems (as often for multiuser unix machines), that's not immediate.

If u're talking windows, the o/s on your machine is going to load and execute the exe (and thus the jvm instance), wherever it resides. The operating system loader will just take the executable image from a remote disk, and that's it: execution will still occur on your local machine's cpu.

Why do u need "a new thread for each user"? Maybe for sharing some data among threads? Client/server models are there for that; or peer-to-peer with a data synchronization mechanism..

About | Sitemap | Contact