JDBC call to stored procedure from session EJB method.
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Thursday, July 1, 2004 06:51 AM

Hello, I need to implement the following algorithm. A session EJB needs to add records to the table. Prior to being committed, the new records must be checked by calling an Oracle stored procedure. In order to do its job, that stored procedure must have access to the uncommitted new records. The only way to start a stored procedure that I know is through JDBC. My question: how to make sure that the stored procedure can read the uncommitted records? As far as I understand, they must be within the same EJB transaction, with the transaction isolation type READ_UNCOMMITTED? Another question: does my JDBC call need to share the same database conenction with the code that writes data in the table or the transaction can   More>>

Hello,

I need to implement the following algorithm.

A session EJB needs to add records to the table. Prior to being committed, the new records must be checked by calling an Oracle stored procedure. In order to do its job, that stored procedure must have access to the uncommitted new records.

The only way to start a stored procedure that I know is through JDBC. My question: how to make sure that the stored procedure can read the uncommitted records? As far as I understand, they must be within the same EJB transaction, with the transaction isolation type READ_UNCOMMITTED?

Another question: does my JDBC call need to share the same database conenction with the code that writes data in the table or the transaction can span multiple database connections?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Dmitry

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact