Routing 60+ SwiftMQ servers causing faults
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Curtis_Paris
Posted On:   Monday, June 28, 2004 03:28 PM

We are experiencing some setup issues with our SwiftMQ servers when adding the Unlimited Routing swiftlet. The way we have our network setup is this: 30 Satellite Sites, each with 2 servers (jms1.sitename and jms2.sitename) These two machines each have a static route to each other Basic Listener configuration (no changes to it) JVM switches: -server -Xmx512M 2 "core" servers at our Corporate Location Connectors are setup to each of the satellite locations (therefor, there are about 60 remote connections in the sys$routing/connectors) No static routes have been con   More>>

We are experiencing some setup issues with our SwiftMQ servers when adding the Unlimited Routing swiftlet.

The way we have our network setup is this:

• 30 Satellite Sites, each with 2 servers

(jms1.sitename and jms2.sitename)

These two machines each have a static route to each other

Basic Listener configuration (no changes to it)

JVM switches: -server -Xmx512M

• 2 "core" servers at our Corporate Location

Connectors are setup to each of the satellite locations
      (therefor, there are about 60 remote connections in the sys$routing/connectors)

No static routes have been configured.

I have got most of my SwiftMQ routers "stuck". What I mean by this is that I can cli into each machine, do an sr on it, but, if I try to lc or cc to one of the contexts, it just sits there.

The satellite locations have been getting an Out of Memory exception thrown on some of them. Others havn't thrown an exception yet. For example, the core servers havn't thrown any type of memory exceptions.

Is there any formula for how much memory these servers will based upon the size of the network? Having my satellite locations get Out of Memory exceptions is odd since they should only be building simple routing lists, and not have the large number of connections that the core machines have.

If there is any type of trace/dump I can get you, I'll be happy to do that.

•    <<Less

Re: Routing 60+ SwiftMQ servers causing faults

Posted By:   Andreas_Mueller  
    Posted On:   Tuesday, June 29, 2004 03:49 AM

The problem is the amount of routes which are exchanged. For example, you double the routes each time if you connect jms1.sitename with jms2.sitename, because the SwiftMQ routers do announce any possible route to each other. With > 60 routers you'd need to define some route filters.

Let me know how you want to route messages (e.g. from the satellites to the main routers but not between satellites, except they are on the same site). I can give you some limited help via this forum. If that requires more work, you'd have to use our tech support.
    About | Sitemap | Contact