dcsimg
HttpConnection MIDP Implementation
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Ofer_Razon
Posted On:   Sunday, June 27, 2004 10:30 AM

Hi I`m developing a MIDlet which suppose to run on several handsets (currently - Motorola V400&V600). The MIDlet is supposed to interact with his server using the HTTP protocol. The implementation I chose was to use the HttpConnection class in order to use the standart option. In the real-time environment, the requests shall go through the WAP GW of the operator, and my question is : 1. Can I determine what will be the transport layer for the requests (IP/WAP)? 2. Can I control on the various parameters, i.e. - what is the WAP GW IP, what is the port etc.? If yes - please give as much details as you can. 10x, Ofer    More>>

Hi

I`m developing a MIDlet which suppose to run on several handsets (currently - Motorola V400&V600).
The MIDlet is supposed to interact with his server using the HTTP protocol.
The implementation I chose was to use the HttpConnection class in order to use the standart option.

In the real-time environment, the requests shall go through the WAP GW of the operator, and my question is :
1. Can I determine what will be the transport layer for the requests (IP/WAP)?
2. Can I control on the various parameters, i.e. - what is the WAP GW IP, what is the port etc.?
If yes - please give as much details as you can.

10x,
Ofer

<<Less

Re: HttpConnection MIDP Implementation

Posted By:   Rohit_Arora  
Posted On:   Wednesday, June 30, 2004 04:47 AM

Hi Ofer

The WAP GW address and other configuration related is mostly dependent on the the handset which cannot be controlled using a J2ME midlet.

In case of a Nokia 3650 which I use to test my MIDlets, we have to specify the access points in which information about the WAP GW is provided.

Rohit
About | Sitemap | Contact