Resultset caching
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Murugan_K
Posted On:   Wednesday, June 23, 2004 02:12 AM

I have a table called city contains 10000 records.The records will be updated once in 3 months so I have cached the entire table in memeory for better performance. This is mapped to an object of type City. I am iterating through the resultset and creating a new City object for all 10,000 records, putting them into HashMap with key as cityId and value as the City object. Then based on the cityId supplied by the client , I have to find in the HashMap the corresponding object and have to return it.Likewise I am doing for other tables also. I am using Weblogic server and not using EJB's. Is there any other way of handling this ,since I have to create 60,000 to 70,000 in-memeory objects. Does it affects the preformanc   More>>

I have a table called city contains 10000 records.The records will be updated once in 3 months so I have cached the entire table in memeory for better performance.
This is mapped to an object of type City.
I am iterating through the resultset and creating a new City object for all 10,000 records, putting them into HashMap with key as cityId and value as the City object.
Then based on the cityId supplied by the client , I have to find in the HashMap the corresponding object and have to return it.Likewise I am doing for other tables also.
I am using Weblogic server and not using EJB's.

Is there any other way of handling this ,since I have to create 60,000 to 70,000 in-memeory objects.
Does it affects the preformance or is there any better way of handling this.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact