image-viewer-applet with annotations under Java 1.1.x runtime environment (MSJVM)
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Daniel_Caumanns
Posted On:   Monday, June 21, 2004 07:31 AM

Hello! I want to deploy an image-viewer for use in an applet. This applet has to be compatible with the Java 1.1.x runtime environment. Which API for I/O and processing images is the best in this context? Is JIMI a good choice or are there another API´s to do this? Additionally the users of this applet have to be able to make graphical annotations on their documents. But I can´t use the Java 2D API with 1.1.x runtime environment. Is the class awt.Graphics ok too or exist other alternatives? Last question: Is there a possibility to use swing GUI? Examples for my idea exist under: www.tiffy.de or www.netbrand.com Thank you very much and sorry for my bad english!    More>>

Hello!

I want to deploy an image-viewer for use in an applet. This applet has to be compatible with the Java 1.1.x runtime environment. Which API for I/O and processing images is the best in this context? Is JIMI a good choice or are there another API´s to do this?

Additionally the users of this applet have to be able to make graphical annotations on their documents. But I can´t use the Java 2D API with 1.1.x runtime environment. Is the class awt.Graphics ok too or exist other alternatives?

Last question: Is there a possibility to use swing GUI?

Examples for my idea exist under: www.tiffy.de or www.netbrand.com

Thank you very much and sorry for my bad english!

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact