dcsimg
Testing a new implemented provider / "The provider MyNewProvider may not be signed by a trusted party"
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Sunday, June 20, 2004 03:18 AM

I have implemented some algorithms in a new java-provider and want to test them using the security provider of java: Security.addProvider(new RSAPKCS1Provider()); Provider p = Security.getProvider("MyNewProvider"); Getting the generator for the keypair ist working fine: KeyPairGenerator generator = KeyPairGenerator.getInstance("RSA", "MyNewProvider"); But using Cipher cipher = Cipher.getInstance("RSA", "MyNewProvider"); throws the exception "The provider MyNewProvider may not be signed by a trusted party"    More>>

I have implemented some algorithms in a new java-provider and want to test them using the security provider of java:

Security.addProvider(new RSAPKCS1Provider());
Provider p = Security.getProvider("MyNewProvider");

Getting the generator for the keypair ist working fine:

KeyPairGenerator generator = KeyPairGenerator.getInstance("RSA", "MyNewProvider");

But using

Cipher cipher = Cipher.getInstance("RSA", "MyNewProvider");

throws the exception

"The provider MyNewProvider may not be signed by a trusted party"

Can I use the functionality of the security provider without signing my jar-file? How can I disable this check on my local PC?

thanks florian    <<Less

Re: Testing a new implemented provider / "The provider MyNewProvider may not be signed by a trusted party"

Posted By:   Eugene_Kuleshov  
Posted On:   Sunday, June 20, 2004 05:51 PM

You can actually replace an original j2sdk1.4.2jrelibjce.jar by 3rd party clean-room JCE implementation, e.g. BouncyCastle. From other hand it is not that difficult to get a certificate to sign your provider for using with Sun's JCE. Complete instructions are in "How to Implement a Provider for the Java Cryptography Extension" document.
About | Sitemap | Contact