dcsimg
Font Size displayed differently
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Kripal_Pandey
Posted On:   Wednesday, June 16, 2004 07:53 AM

Hi, I have a java application (Java Client) is running on two servers. The java client has a GUI to input some test parameters. Regarding Servers : Both setvers are HP Unix servers with the following OS versions. 1) HP-UX B.11.00 A 9000/800 , java version "HP-UX Java C.01.17.00 99/02/08" 2) HP-UX B.10.20 A 9000/777, java version "1.3.1.02" Problem with font size display : When our application is launched on these two servers the GUI is showing differently. We can see there are differences in the font size and also on the font type for text displayed on the GUI. Also the b   More>>

Hi,

I have a java application (Java Client) is running on two servers. The java client has a GUI to input some test parameters.

Regarding Servers :

Both setvers are HP Unix servers with the following OS versions.

1) HP-UX B.11.00 A 9000/800 , java version "HP-UX Java C.01.17.00 99/02/08"

2) HP-UX B.10.20 A 9000/777, java version "1.3.1.02"

Problem with font size display :

When our application is launched on these two servers the GUI is showing differently.
We can see there are differences in the font size and also on the font type for text displayed on the GUI.
Also the buttons look different.

I read that AWT uses OS specific code to display AWT components and so is that the reason why the fonts are shown differently?

Could you please explain why the font size problem appearing and why is application taking a different font from the one which is specified in the java code for
the window , Font used is "Helvetica" with font size 10 and 14. (Please see the code snippet for the font from our code)

--->>

if (Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit().getFontMetrics
(new Font("Helvetica", 0, 14)).getHeight() > 17)

{
setAllFonts(10);
}

else

{
setAllFonts(14);
}
}

< <---

Request your comments on this behaviour.

Thanks in advance

Kripal

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact