I am helpless.Cookie problem !.
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Adi2000_Sharma
Posted On:   Wednesday, June 16, 2004 12:36 AM

Dear experts, I have made sure that my browser settings are in harmony with cookie storage.I have tried providing the lowest security at Custom level.Using Windows 2000 Server. Beside this one i have tried some successful downloaded codes also.But they too are not successful in storing the cookies.I am using j2sdkee1.2.1 and jdk1.3. Kindly let me know few facts about cookies:- 1> When we add cookie using JSP as a persistent cookie. Where does it get stored by default ? 2>If i use cookieobject.setPath(),how does browser know from where i have to read the cookie when we use Cookie[]    More>>

Dear experts,

I have made sure that my browser settings are in harmony

with cookie storage.I have tried providing the lowest

security at Custom level.Using Windows 2000 Server.

Beside this one i have tried some successful downloaded

codes also.But they too are not successful in storing the

cookies.I am using j2sdkee1.2.1 and jdk1.3.

Kindly let me know few facts about cookies:-

1> When we add cookie using JSP as a persistent cookie.

Where does it get stored by default ?

2>If i use cookieobject.setPath(),how does browser know

from where i have to read the cookie when we use

Cookie[] cookieset =request.getCookies();

<<Less

Re: I am helpless.Cookie problem !.

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Wednesday, June 16, 2004 06:34 AM

I think it depends on the browser settings, browser and OS versions, browser vendor, etc.

With Microsoft Internet Explorer, you can tell the current location, and move it to a new directory, via Tools, Internet Options, Temporary Internet Files, Settings..., Move Files. You may find the initial default location, under Windows 2000 with IE 6, unless it was customized at installation, to be something like "C:Documents and SettingsyourusernameCookies".

With Mozilla Firefox, and with Opera, I don't see a way to check/change the location from within the application; I think it depends on the location of your "user profile" for the application. But you can view a list of your current cookies, edit them, delete them etc. from all the browsers.
About | Sitemap | Contact