dcsimg
Tomcat 3.3.2 and JCE - Malformed URL with US_export_policy
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Eric_Getchell
Posted On:   Tuesday, June 15, 2004 03:48 PM

I'm trying to use DES encryption with Java 3.1, Tomcat 3.3.2, and JCE 1.2.2 When I try and create a dynamic DES provider I get the following exception: java.lang.SecurityException: Cannot set up certs for trusted CAs: java.security. PrivilegedActionException < > at javax.crypto.SunJCE_b. (DashoA6275) at javax.crypto.SecretKeyFactory.getInstance(DashoA6275) I've been reading up on various people's solutions to this problem and as of yet, I have had no luck solving it. This is what I have tried: Running the DES encryption outside of Tomcat - works fine. Adding -Djava.protocol.handler.pkgs=sun.net.www.protocol to the lin   More>>

I'm trying to use DES encryption with Java 3.1, Tomcat 3.3.2, and JCE 1.2.2

When I try and create a dynamic DES provider I get the following exception:

java.lang.SecurityException: Cannot set up certs for trusted CAs: java.security.

PrivilegedActionException < >

at javax.crypto.SunJCE_b. (DashoA6275)
at javax.crypto.SecretKeyFactory.getInstance(DashoA6275)

I've been reading up on various people's solutions to this problem and as of yet, I have had no luck solving it. This is what I have tried:

Running the DES encryption outside of Tomcat - works fine.

Adding -Djava.protocol.handler.pkgs=sun.net.www.protocol to the line that starts tomcat. Same error.

Adding local_policy.jar and US_export_policy.jar to the {java_home}/jre/lib/ext directory. Same error

Adding the lines to the tomcat.policy file:

grant codeBase "file:${java.home}/jre/lib/security-"

{
permission java.security.AllPermission;
};

And again, same error.

Does anyone have any additional ideas, or possibly see something that I may have done incorrectly?

Thanks,

Eric

<<Less

Re: Tomcat 3.3.2 and JCE - Malformed URL with US_export_policy

Posted By:   Vincent_Amet  
Posted On:   Wednesday, June 23, 2004 08:55 AM

Hello Eric,

I have exactly the same problem as you. Did you fix this issue?

In case no, and if I find it, I will keep you inform!

Regards

Vincent
About | Sitemap | Contact