Exception while Deleting Java POP3 Mail...
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Vishweshwar_Manthani
Posted On:   Monday, June 14, 2004 05:59 AM

I have written a Programme that reads Mails From POP3 server, it gets each mail and stores its attachment into a Folder and also Im saving that Email into another BackUp Email Server also, after doing these Im Deleting the Mail From the POP3 Server. Im deleting the Mail by setting Flags.flag.DELETE and folder.close(true), It is Working fine for Mails with Attachments in smaller size like upto 3/4 MB, but for my real scenario i have 9.5 MB attachments, when iam deleting those Mails it is Throwing Exception javax.mail.MessagingException. when i use expunge am getting javax.mail.MethodNotSupportedException: Expunge not supported , Exception, Please Advice.... Waiting for your reply...    More>>

I have written a Programme that reads Mails From POP3 server, it gets each mail and stores its attachment into a Folder and also Im saving that Email into another BackUp Email Server also, after doing these Im Deleting the Mail From the POP3 Server.
Im deleting the Mail by setting Flags.flag.DELETE and folder.close(true), It is Working fine for Mails with Attachments in smaller size like upto 3/4 MB, but for my real scenario i have 9.5 MB attachments, when iam deleting those Mails it is Throwing Exception javax.mail.MessagingException.
when i use expunge am getting javax.mail.MethodNotSupportedException: Expunge not supported , Exception, Please Advice....

Waiting for your reply...

<<Less

Re: Exception while Deleting Java POP3 Mail...

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Monday, June 14, 2004 06:34 AM

In my many years of experience with email systems, it would be insane to permit email attachments to be any larger than 2 or 3 MB. No wonder you are having trouble! Most email systems I've ever seen have a limit, e.g. 4 MB or smaller, for the maximum size of any message they will accept.

There is such a thing provided for, in the mail standards (and supported by most reasonable mail applications), as splitting a large document up, into multiple (smaller) attachments on multiple messages, you know, and then re-assembling them in the client, back into the original document. I think you should look into this, or else use a real file transfer protocol instead!

About | Sitemap | Contact