How to handle complex structures/classes and object associations with ActionForms / Struts?
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Mark_Linley
Posted On:   Thursday, May 27, 2004 09:15 AM

Hi There Here's the scenario: two POJO's. the one POJO has an attribute of type "the other POJO". I create an Action Form to hold the data entered by a user of the website. When the user enters in data that represents the associated object attribute field of the first POJO how should I handle this on the form? I've seen how Matt Raible does this in "struts-resume" by having an extra unique id field in the POJO and in the Action Form that represents the object but it seems a little messy to me. I can understand that you can't represent a complex structure/class on an html form as a single entity/field but I would really like to hear if there's a standard/exceptable way of doing this in respect of the whole struts/jsp/webapplicat   More>>

Hi There

Here's the scenario: two POJO's. the one POJO has an attribute of type "the other POJO". I create an Action Form to hold the data entered by a user of the website. When the user enters in data that represents the associated object attribute field of the first POJO how should I handle this on the form? I've seen how Matt Raible does this in "struts-resume" by having an extra unique id field in the POJO and in the Action Form that represents the object but it seems a little messy to me. I can understand that you can't represent a complex structure/class on an html form as a single entity/field but I would really like to hear if there's a standard/exceptable way of doing this in respect of the whole struts/jsp/webapplication framework.

Any comments would be much appreciated

thanks

Mark Linley

<<Less

Re: How to handle complex structures/classes and object associations with ActionForms / Struts?

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Friday, May 28, 2004 07:10 AM

A unique id field sounds like by far the best and most elegant solution, to me ...
About | Sitemap | Contact