dcsimg
Plug-In Problems
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Gautam_Mehta
Posted On:   Thursday, May 27, 2004 08:50 AM

Hi All, I placed blank.war into tomcat's webapps dir. and this was deployed successfully and in return got the Welcome message on the web page. Good so far! So I thought I might as well create a PlugIn to add things to the servlet context. All this compiled fine. and deployed to WEB-INF/classes folder. I then added the ... in to the struts-config. Cool!! I started tomcat and nothing worked!!! So I looked at the tomcat's logs. First it reported that it could not find my pulgin class. So I added WEB-INF/classes to tomcat's classpath. Restarted tomcat and nothing worked!!! I looked at the log file again and this time it reported that org.apache.struts.action.PlugIn could not be found evet   More>>

Hi All,

I placed blank.war into tomcat's webapps dir. and this was deployed successfully and in return got the Welcome message on the web page. Good so far!

So I thought I might as well create a PlugIn to add things to the servlet context. All this compiled fine. and deployed to WEB-INF/classes folder.

I then added the ... in to the struts-config. Cool!!

I started tomcat and nothing worked!!! So I looked at the tomcat's logs.

First it reported that it could not find my pulgin class. So I added WEB-INF/classes to tomcat's classpath. Restarted tomcat and nothing worked!!!

I looked at the log file again and this time it reported that org.apache.struts.action.PlugIn could not be found evethought the struts.jar was in WEB-INF/lib dir.

Sorry for the long winded subject but I am confued why this is not working!

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Gautam Mehta

<<Less

Re: Plug-In Problems

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Friday, May 28, 2004 07:14 AM

You must be doing something else wrong. I would first see examples of how the Tiles and Validator plugins work, and get them working in your web app, and then add your own.
About | Sitemap | Contact