Shared session tomcat+struts+axis
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Carsten_Eider
Posted On:   Monday, May 24, 2004 11:43 PM

I am developing a webapp, dealing with struts and axis In theory, a webservice is meant to put same data on the tomcat server. As an answer, the client receives a URL(containing jsessionid), which he has to be opened in a browser. The appearing page displays the uploaded values. That works as i can share the session within the webservice and tomcat. Now the user may change the value within a formular and "*" submit it to the server, where the webservice can get this value and use it. Upto the point "*" everything works fine, but if i submit the formular within the browser, my session is lost und a new one is generated. Does anyone know how to force tomcat to use a specific ses   More>>

I am developing a webapp, dealing with struts and axis

In theory, a webservice is meant to put same data on the tomcat server. As an answer, the client receives a URL(containing jsessionid), which he has to be opened in a browser. The appearing page displays the uploaded values. That works as i can share the
session within the webservice and tomcat.
Now the user may change the value within a formular and "*" submit it to the server, where the webservice can get this value and use it.
Upto the point "*" everything works fine, but if i submit the formular within the browser, my session is lost und a new one is generated.

Does anyone know how to force tomcat to use a specific session ?

format code blocks.    <<Less

Re: Shared session tomcat+struts+axis

Posted By:   Sean_Owen  
Posted On:   Tuesday, May 25, 2004 07:43 AM

Not sure I understand your question... yes, an Axis web service is just another servlet, deployed in a J2EE container like Tomcat. Requests and responses are simply HTTP requests and responses, which can be generated by a browser or something else.

Sessions are tracked by cookies, by default. If you start a session with one HTTP client, and wish to continue it in another HTTP client (like a browser), then you must send the same session cookie. Otherwise the container has no way of associating the new requests to the same session, of course. Are you handling this session cookie correctly?

About | Sitemap | Contact