dcsimg
Performance degradation due to 3rd party Beans?
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Gunjan_Sahay
Posted On:   Monday, May 24, 2004 12:05 AM

Hi Recently i built a mailing application using JavaMail. This application was developed on Win2K/Tomcat4.1.8 and hosted on Linux/Tomcat4.1.8 combination. The application had the Attachment feature as well, for which I used the JavaZoom's UploadBean component to upload the files to be attached to the server , since the application was a part of the web-application. However, after a couple of successful attmpts to send mails with attachments, the system performance goes awefully low to the extent that even the simple login page gives a time out. I tried to retart Tomcat, but nothing changed. On restarting the machine, it did work ok for the first couple of requests again before going down to a trickl   More>>

Hi

Recently i built a mailing application using JavaMail.

This application was developed on Win2K/Tomcat4.1.8 and hosted on Linux/Tomcat4.1.8 combination.

The application had the Attachment feature as well, for which I used the JavaZoom's UploadBean component to upload the files to be attached to the server , since the application was a part of the web-application.

However, after a couple of successful attmpts to send mails with attachments, the system performance goes awefully low to the extent that even the simple login page gives a time out. I tried to retart Tomcat, but nothing changed. On restarting the machine, it did work ok for the first couple of requests again before going down to a trickle.

Any leads as to what should i check as the probable cause as I have no clues. Any test on Linux(i am newbie to linux) would be highly appreciated. For Windows versions too I need some pointers as I didnt get any proper replies from the JavaZoom support.

The jars are in the web-inf/lib folder.

Thanks,

Gunjan

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact