dcsimg
Scroll Bar is not working in netscape when using div z-index:5; style 'position:fixed;'
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Renjith_Moolayil
Posted On:   Friday, May 21, 2004 03:57 AM

I havae a list box and a button in a JSP page.The button brings a popup Calendar(a js page). The calendar comes over the list box. Now to make calendar comes on upper most layer i am using z-index and the style position in div. I have given a smaller z-index and style position:static to the list box , a higer z-index and style position:fixed to the popup calendar. The List box contain a vertical scroll bar. Now the problem is that after closing the pop up calendar the scroll bar in the list box is also vanishing.This problem is there only in Netscape and Mozilla. Code in the jsp page box:    More>>

I havae a list box and a button in a JSP page.The button brings a popup Calendar(a js page). The calendar comes over the list box.
Now to make calendar comes on upper most layer i am using z-index and the style position in div.

I have given a smaller z-index and style position:static to the list box , a higer z-index and style position:fixed to the popup calendar.

The List box contain a vertical scroll bar.

Now the problem is that after closing the pop up calendar the scroll bar in the list box is also vanishing.This problem is there only in Netscape and Mozilla.

Code in the jsp page box:

<<Less

Re: Scroll Bar is not working in netscape when using div z-index:5; style 'position:fixed;'

Posted By:   Dan_Nye  
Posted On:   Thursday, May 27, 2004 08:53 AM

As far as I know, "fixed" is not a valid value for the "position" css property.

Given also that your code has "overflow:scroll ultiple" in the body of the select, which should probably read:

style="overflow:scroll" multiple

instead of

overflow:scroll ultiple

That should give you some starting pointers.

Hope this helps,
Dan
About | Sitemap | Contact