Why am I getting the error 'Access denied' when connecting to the MySQL database of a remote server from a client?
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   phani_kumar
Posted On:   Wednesday, May 19, 2004 02:02 AM

I have a swing application in which user fills a form and then submits the data. The database is in a remote server and I run the application from a client machine. I have used rmi to connect from the client to the database on the remote server. when I try to save the data onto the server database iam getting the following error. java.sql.SQLException:General error, message from server: "Access denied for user:'@%' to database 'propertytax'" If I run the application from the server and use 'localhost' to connect to the database, the applicaiton is running fine and the data is getting saved. But, when I run the application from the client machine, Iam getting the error. why is it so? Some one please help me. Than   More>>

I have a swing application in which user fills a form and then submits the data. The database is in a remote server and I run the application from a client machine. I have used rmi to connect from the client to the database on the remote server. when I try to save the data onto the server database iam getting the following error.

java.sql.SQLException:General error, message from server: "Access denied for user:'@%' to database 'propertytax'"

If I run the application from the server and use 'localhost' to connect to the database, the applicaiton is running fine and the data is getting saved. But, when I run the application from the client machine, Iam getting the error. why is it so? Some one please help me.

Thanks in advance.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact