dcsimg
"Java Applet Window" message shows up when navigating away from page.
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Louis_Ko
Posted On:   Tuesday, May 18, 2004 11:16 AM

I need some help with the "Java Applet Window" message problem. I have come to terms with the fact that this only shows up when the applet is unsigned (due to the other solutions that I found on the web). I'm pretty sure that the applet has been signed properly since this already works for all my other popup dialogs in the application. When I navigate away from the applet page or close the browser, two dialogs pop up. 1. The IE dialog that asks "are you sure you want to navigate away from the page?" and 2. An AWT Dialog that asks if the user wants to save the altered information in the applet. This is the expected behaviour except for the fact that the AWT dialog has that annoying "Java Applet Win   More>>

I need some help with the "Java Applet Window" message problem. I have come to terms with the fact that this only shows up when the applet is unsigned (due to the other solutions that I found on the web). I'm pretty sure that the applet has been signed properly since this already works for all my other popup dialogs in the application.

When I navigate away from the applet page or close the browser, two dialogs pop up. 1. The IE dialog that asks "are you sure you want to navigate away from the page?" and 2. An AWT Dialog that asks if the user wants to save the altered information in the applet. This is the expected behaviour except for the fact that the AWT dialog has that annoying "Java Applet Window" warning message in it. This final AWT Window is opened by javascript using the "onbeforeunload" event which calls a javascript function which then calls the Java code that opens up the Dialog. What can cause this to occur? Does the security certificate get unloaded when I navigate away from the page even before I answer the IE dialog (dialog 1 described above)? Or is there anything I can set so that this final AWT window will not have the warning message?

Thanks in advance to all the Guru's out there.

Louis    <<Less

Re: "Java Applet Window" message shows up when navigating away from page.

Posted By:   Louis_Ko  
Posted On:   Tuesday, May 18, 2004 11:47 AM

One addition to the problem. I have since tried something else and it seems that opening a dialog from javascript will put that "Java Applet Window" message on the dialog that was opened through javascript. Is there any property that I can set in javascript such that the message does not occur?

Thanks again,
Louis
About | Sitemap | Contact