dcsimg
Unable to use Ant 1.6
3 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Alpha_man
Posted On:   Monday, May 17, 2004 06:35 AM

Hello All, When I try to run ant through the command "ant" and its various versions like "ant -version", "ant -help", I get the following error message ... Invalid implementation version between Ant core and Ant optional tasks. core : 1.6.0 optional: 1.6.1 After googling out I found that I have to download Optional Jar files for certain tasks. My first impression after I visited the appropriate manual page that describes the optional jars is that I am not using any of those tasks mentioned. Here is my build file <?xml version="1.0"?>    More>>

Hello All,

When I try to run ant through the command "ant" and its various versions like "ant -version", "ant -help", I get the following error message ...

Invalid implementation version between Ant core and Ant optional tasks.

core : 1.6.0

optional: 1.6.1

After googling out I found that I have to download Optional Jar files for certain tasks. My first impression after I visited the appropriate manual page that describes the optional jars is that I am not using any of those tasks mentioned. Here is my build file

<?xml version="1.0"?>

What amazes me more is that for commands like "ant -version" which is not trying to execute any tasks, ant gives the same error message.

Please help this newbie get started

<<Less

Re: Unable to use Ant 1.6

Posted By:   Ronald_Ingraham  
Posted On:   Tuesday, August 3, 2004 05:13 AM

I think the answer to your problem lies in the ant.jar files you have in your path. I'm going to assume that you probably have Tomcat installed and the version of Ant that comes with Tomcat is 1.6.0. If you simply copy your $ANT_HOME/lib/ant.jar to your $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib directory, this should solve your problem. Don't forget to save off the current ant.jar file in the $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib directory, just in case you need it again later.

Hope this helps.

Posted By:   A_Khairul  
Posted On:   Tuesday, June 15, 2004 08:41 AM

From what I understand Ant loads all Task classes before it reads the build.xml file. This is why an error still occurs when using ant -version.

I'm trying to fix the same problem you've got. I'm trying to get Ant 1.6.1 to work.

Posted By:   Sean_Owen  
Posted On:   Monday, May 17, 2004 08:22 AM

You can fix this by downloading and using Ant 1.6.1, which is probably a good idea anyway. Alternatively, if you are not using the optional tasks, then simply remove optional.jar from Ant's lib directory.
About | Sitemap | Contact