Designing CLASSES for a simple bank system
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Sonia_Lady
Posted On:   Sunday, May 16, 2004 11:06 AM

Hi I won't put too much detail in (as I just spent 30 mins writing a detailed message and then it wouldn't allow me to submit it and I lost it all!!) but of course if anyone is interested in advisng me on my problem then i will provide more information: I have to use UML to design a simple bank system and then program it in Java. The bank has two types of account - current or savings. I have created a general ACCOUNT CLASS, then one for CURRENT and then a general savings SAVINGS, and then as there are two types of savings account I have tow classes for those: EASYACCESS & HIGHINTEREST. The current account has an agreed overdraft facility and if an account is in the overdraft it will b   More>>

Hi

I won't put too much detail in (as I just spent 30 mins writing a detailed message and then it wouldn't allow me to submit it and I lost it all!!) but of course if anyone is interested in advisng me on my problem then i will provide more information:

I have to use UML to design a simple bank system and then program it in Java.

The bank has two types of account - current or savings. I have created a general ACCOUNT CLASS, then one for CURRENT and then a general savings SAVINGS, and then as there are two types of savings account I have tow classes for those: EASYACCESS & HIGHINTEREST.

The current account has an agreed overdraft facility and if an account is in the overdraft it will be charged a lower rate of interest. If it goes over the agreed overdraft then it is charged a higher interest. For this I have created a CHARGES Class.

For the Savings I have created an INTERESTRATE class - but am not entirely sure this is needed as the interest which is deposited into the account is dependent on which account they have? Should I just do the changing of the interest rate within the seperate savings classes - EASY - allows you to change the low & HIGHINTEREST allows you to change the high?

This isn't much to go on I know but if anyone responds I am more than happy to post of classes with the NAME, ATTRIBUTES & METHODS (which is what I have previously tried posting but lost!).

I also need advise on when something should be made public(+) or private(-) - from examples I have it appears all attributes of classes are private and all methods are public - why would that be and is it just a coincidence with the examples I have!

Thanks in advance for any help and hope there is enough detail for someone to respond!

Sonia

Please use html tags to format code blocks.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact