Using two sets of message bundles - corporate common, and application specific
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Edmon_Begoli
Posted On:   Monday, May 10, 2004 01:54 PM

I need help on this. I have a small set of Struts extensions such as custom RequestProcessor, LoginAction and LoginMapping. These are reusable enterprise components, and they are used by all applications. LoginAction produces errors such as "error.common.login_failed". I would like to define messages in one place, and bundled it with my reusable components in the jar, and than have applications use these along with their own messages. Also, I would like to let application re-define these if necessary. Can someone tell me if this is possible, and if it is what are the steps to accomplish it. Thank you in advance, Edmon Begoli    More>>

I need help on this. I have a small set of Struts extensions such as custom RequestProcessor, LoginAction and LoginMapping. These are reusable enterprise components,
and they are used by all applications.

LoginAction produces errors such as "error.common.login_failed".

I would like to define messages in one place, and bundled
it with my reusable components in the jar, and than have applications use these along with their own messages.
Also, I would like to let application re-define these if necessary.

Can someone tell me if this is possible, and if it is what are the steps to accomplish it.

Thank you in advance,
Edmon Begoli

<<Less

Re: Using two sets of message bundles - corporate common, and application specific

Posted By:   Edmon_Begoli  
Posted On:   Monday, May 10, 2004 02:07 PM

Answering my own question (from the Husted's book that I've got). Tell me if this is a good approach:

1. put message bundle e.g. common.properties with my common messages in the root of my jar file.

2. Add my jar to the lib directory.

3. In struts-config.xml add:

parameter="common" />

Regards,
Edmon Begoli

About | Sitemap | Contact