dcsimg
Total newbie a bit befuddled
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Phil_Lewis
Posted On:   Thursday, May 6, 2004 03:22 AM

I've worked through a couple of JMX tutorials I've come across, and I've managed to make a few Queue instances that I can prod via an agent. What I'm wondering is, how does this stuff work with real applications? When I load my bean into the agent, that creates an instance of the bean. How does my application then make us of that instance? I'm obviously missing something fundamental, here, but I just don't see it. Maybe JMX is not what I want? Basically, I have an application that uses a few internal resources that I want to monitor and manage, but those resources are internal to an application, they are not in any way seperate components. Thanks for any guidance at all on this.    More>>

I've worked through a couple of JMX tutorials I've come across, and I've managed to make a few Queue instances that I can prod via an agent.

What I'm wondering is, how does this stuff work with real applications? When I load my bean into the agent, that creates an instance of the bean. How does my application then make us of that instance?

I'm obviously missing something fundamental, here, but I just don't see it.

Maybe JMX is not what I want? Basically, I have an application that uses a few internal resources that I want to monitor and manage, but those resources are internal to an application, they are not in any way seperate components.

Thanks for any guidance at all on this.

<<Less

Re: Total newbie a bit befuddled

Posted By:   Developer_QuickStart  
Posted On:   Wednesday, May 26, 2004 04:06 PM

Phil,

I hope I answered your question under the thread JMX
developers quickstart guide ... but will do it again here

Let us assume you have a resource, say, a Queue, which
you want to manage thru JMX. In the constructor or the
init routine you will register the resource with the
MBean Server ... So in your app that uses the Queue