dcsimg
problem when datasource goes through a processor
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   mak_tol
Posted On:   Wednesday, May 5, 2004 08:37 AM

i am trying to create a player from a file, but also want to be able to send it over a stream while watching,and be able to do things with it i am creating a datasource from the file url, and to be able to control various things, it has to go through a processor.the problem is that the same datasource when used to create a realized player works pretty fine, but if i send it through a processor and then try to create the player, i get the controlpanel conmponent on the screen,but the file isn't played at all. here's the part of the code : String fUrl = "file:" + fileLocation; try { originalSource = m.createDataSource(sourceUrl); p = m.createProcessor(originalSource); p.configure(); }   More>>

i am trying to create a player from a file, but also want to be able to send it over a stream while watching,and be able to do things with it
i am creating a datasource from the file url, and to be able to control various things, it has to go through a processor.the problem is that the same datasource when used to create a realized player works pretty fine, but if i send it through a processor and then try to create the player, i get the controlpanel conmponent on the screen,but the file isn't played at all.
here's the part of the code :

String fUrl = "file:" + fileLocation;

try {

originalSource = m.createDataSource(sourceUrl);

p = m.createProcessor(originalSource);

p.configure();

}

catch (NoProcessorException ex1) {

return;

}

catch (IOException ex1) {

return;

}

catch (NoDataSourceException ex) {

}
//waits to be configured

while (!configured) {

timer.schedule(new waitConf(), 1000);

}

if (configured) {

timer.cancel();

}

p.realize();

while (!realized) {

timer1.schedule(new waitReal(), 100);

}

if (realized) {

timer1.cancel();

}

try {

//get the datasource from the player

theOriginalSource = p.getDataOutput();

}

catch (NotRealizedError e) {

}

cloneableDataSource = Manager.createCloneableDataSource(theOriginalSource);

clonedDataSource = ( (SourceCloneable) cloneableDataSource).createClone();

furthermore , i noticed that the same goes for when i try to capture data.creating a locator,a datastream directly from the locator and then playing the stuff works.creating a datasource, sending it to a processor, getting it's output, and then creating a player,gives a player with just the controls and a black screen as a visual component

anyone yny idea what's wrong?

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact