dcsimg
Regarding Applet signing and security permissions
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Friday, April 30, 2004 11:41 PM

Hi, i develoed an applet to upload the files. that applet is also having some database interaction for that i used jdbc:odbc drivers. we all know inorder to get the file or directory information from the client machine we need to add some permissions in java.policy file as well for jdbc:odbc connection. i passed through all of those things. Finally i made all of these class files as cab file to run the applet in brwoser jvm(I.E). exactly here i am facing the problems. when i am trying to run this applet at the client machine(in that machine there is no jvm, but which is having browser jvm) the applet is loaded successfully. but i am get an error "Error in getting connection:java.security.AccessControlExcept   More>>

Hi,

i develoed an applet to upload the files. that applet is also having some database interaction for that i used jdbc:odbc drivers. we all know inorder to get the file or directory information from the client machine we need to add some permissions in java.policy file as well for jdbc:odbc connection. i passed through all of those things.

Finally i made all of these class files as cab file to run the applet in brwoser jvm(I.E). exactly here i am facing the problems. when i am trying to run this applet at the client machine(in that machine there is no jvm, but which is having browser jvm) the applet is loaded successfully. but i am get an error "Error in getting connection:java.security.AccessControlException:access denied(java.lang.RuntimePermission accessClassInPackage.sun.jdbc.odbc)" by seeing this error i understood, there is no policy file available for the applet to grant the permissions.

can u please help me to grant the permissions to the applet. it is very urgent for me.

Thanks in advance & regards,

Nagesh

<<Less

Re: Regarding Applet signing and security permissions

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Saturday, May 1, 2004 07:24 PM

I am probably wrong (?) but I think that if you are really stuck using Microsoft's ancient JVM, there is no way to do what you want ? you may have to use a newer JVM instead.

About | Sitemap | Contact