Mapping a CMP Entity bean to a table in a database schema.
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Shanika_Weerapperuma
Posted On:   Wednesday, April 28, 2004 08:45 PM

Does anyone have any idea how to map a CMP bean to a specific schema in a database with using the Sun Application Server? eg. Select * from schema_name.table name In my application, the mappings will be done to a schema in a dbschema file generated by the capture schema command, at the deploy time of the bean. Therefore the bean will not create the tables but is supposed to map to the specified schema(i.e abc)in the dbschema file. This doesn't work the way it is since i log in to the database as the "system" username. The bean then refers to the schema called "system". Creating of different users per schema and creating connection pools for each is not recommended in my application requirement since   More>>

Does anyone have any idea how to map a CMP bean to a specific schema in a database with using the Sun Application Server?

eg. Select * from schema_name.table name

In my application, the mappings will be done to a schema in a dbschema file generated by the capture schema command, at the deploy time of the bean. Therefore the bean will not create the tables but is supposed to map to the specified schema(i.e abc)in the dbschema file. This doesn't work the way it is since i log in to the database as the "system" username. The bean then refers to the schema called "system".

Creating of different users per schema and creating connection pools for each is not recommended in my application requirement since it deals with a lot of schemas. I also pefer to use CPM s than BMP s. Any ideas?

-Shanika

<<Less

Re: Mapping a CMP Entity bean to a table in a database schema.

Posted By:   Shanika_Weerapperuma  
Posted On:   Thursday, April 29, 2004 11:56 PM

Sorry! I have posted this under EJB topic.
About | Sitemap | Contact