dcsimg
URL error in connection with MS SQL server 2000 (sp4) JDBC driver (sp2)
3 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Daxin_Zuo
Posted On:   Wednesday, April 28, 2004 10:00 AM

It is my first question. Please forward instruction. We ordered the Jbuilder X enterprise 9. Currently, I am using the enterprise try version on windows 2000. I set the Enterprise setup, created a MSSQLServer. In database pilot, I set at view/options and created a new database new URL The driver and URL I used are: com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://myName:1433:databaseName=pubs in RUN/Configures, I set the library with MSSQLServer (only specified this as lib). In my program, I have Class.forName("com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver"); con = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://myName:1433:dat   More>>

It is my first question. Please forward instruction.
We ordered the Jbuilder X enterprise 9. Currently, I am using the enterprise try version on windows 2000. I set the Enterprise setup, created a MSSQLServer.
In database pilot, I set at view/options
and created a new database new URL

The driver and URL I used are:
com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver
jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://myName:1433:databaseName=pubs

in RUN/Configures, I set the library with MSSQLServer (only specified this as lib).

In my program, I have
Class.forName("com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver");
con = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://myName:1433:databaseName=pubs","user1","user1");
When I compile and run my program with JBuilder, I get error:
[Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC]Unable to connect. Invalid URL.

My program is correct. I can compile and run it from command line with J2SE 1.4

What's wrong with my Jbuilder configuration? Please.
Thank you.

<<Less

Re: URL error in connection with MS SQL server 2000 (sp4) JDBC driver (sp2)

Posted By:   Sven_Schneider  
Posted On:   Monday, May 17, 2004 02:49 AM

Your URL is wrong (surprise ;)

After the port use a ";" instead of :

Thats all...

Posted By:   Benjamin_Toso  
Posted On:   Monday, May 10, 2004 10:32 AM

By the way, we found very quickly that Microsoft's JDBC driver is an outdated implementation that does not support the newer JDBC features. I would not use it in any production environment. We use Merlia

Posted By:   Benjamin_Toso  
Posted On:   Monday, May 10, 2004 10:27 AM

The URL must be exactly what the driver expects. The example in the docs shows this:

con = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://server1:1433;User=test;Password=secret");

For your specific setup I might try:

con = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://server1:1433;DatabaseName=pubs;User=user1;Password=whateverpassword");

Also make sure the the SQL Server client is setup to use TCP/IP on port 1433 for that particular server.

About | Sitemap | Contact