Switching to 64 bit Java
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   john_b
Posted On:   Tuesday, April 27, 2004 11:23 AM

I'm trying to switch from 32 bit Java to 64 bit Java. Our Java is installed in /usr/jdk-1.4.0_01. The 32 bit binaries are installed in /usr/jdk-1.4.0_01/bin and the 64 bit binaries are installed in /usr/jdk-1.4.0_01/bin/sparcv9. When running my ant script using the 32 bit, I set my JAVA_HOME to /usr/jdk-1.4.0_01 and it runs fine. Ant apparently looks in $JAVA_HOME/bin when running a javac task. When switching to 64 bit, I'm not sure if I'm suppose to use the fork and executable attributes for the javac task to point it to /usr/jdk-1.4.0_01/bin/sparcv9. That appears to work, but I'm not sure if it is picking up my other javac attributes. Then I have the same question with my rmic task. Any thoughts? Thanks for your help.    More>>

I'm trying to switch from 32 bit Java to 64 bit Java. Our Java is installed in /usr/jdk-1.4.0_01. The 32 bit binaries are installed in /usr/jdk-1.4.0_01/bin and the 64 bit binaries are installed in /usr/jdk-1.4.0_01/bin/sparcv9.

When running my ant script using the 32 bit, I set my JAVA_HOME to /usr/jdk-1.4.0_01 and it runs fine. Ant apparently looks in $JAVA_HOME/bin when running a javac task. When switching to 64 bit, I'm not sure if I'm suppose to use the fork and executable attributes for the javac task to point it to /usr/jdk-1.4.0_01/bin/sparcv9. That appears to work, but I'm not sure if it is picking up my other javac attributes. Then I have the same question with my rmic task.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for your help.

<<Less

Re: Switching to 64 bit Java

Posted By:   Mani_Iyer  
Posted On:   Wednesday, April 28, 2004 06:06 AM

The Manual says 'You can also use the compiler attribute to tell Ant which JDK version it shall assume when it puts together the command line switches - even if you set fork="true" '. Did you try using the compiler attribute?
About | Sitemap | Contact