dcsimg
Forward Action & Application/JSP File directory paths
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Mike_Young
Posted On:   Sunday, April 25, 2004 05:02 PM

I am currently using Tomcat 4 & 5 and have the following problem outlined in this scenario: If I have the following - /    (Webapp root) - /JSP/first.jsp     (Parent jsp file) - /JSP/second.jsp     (Child JSP file) When first.jsp calls second.jsp , I can just use . But when I want second.jsp to re-call itself as part of a POST I have to use the full path from the root of the Webapp i.e. /JSP/second.jsp. So why when I use the action, does the file that I forward to, loose what I would term as the current working directory (the directory of the first file that propogated the forward). Is there a way arou   More>>

I am currently using Tomcat 4 & 5 and have the following problem outlined in this scenario:

If I have the following

- /    (Webapp root)

- /JSP/first.jsp     (Parent jsp file)

- /JSP/second.jsp     (Child JSP file)

When first.jsp calls second.jsp , I can just use
. But when I want second.jsp to re-call itself as part of a POST I have to use the full path from the root of the Webapp i.e. /JSP/second.jsp.

So why when I use the action, does the file that I forward to, loose what I would term as the current working directory (the directory of the first file that propogated the forward). Is there a way around this?

<<Less

Re: Forward Action & Application/JSP File directory paths

Posted By:   Mike_Young  
Posted On:   Sunday, April 25, 2004 05:40 PM

Please Ignore this and see my next post as I phrased it incorrectly and now don't know how to delete it
About | Sitemap | Contact